Forms 5.0 SYSDATE bug

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/12/31

Hi All

A warning about a "new feature" in Forms 5.0 (Scratch that new feature bit, support called   me as I write - it's now bug # 605998)

SYSDATE returns the CLIENT date/time, not as you would expect the server value.

So
 :my_block.my_date := SYSDATE;
displays a value which is different to
  select SYSDATE

      into :my_block.my_date;

Forms 4.5 and ealier releases returned the same value for both, which is what you would expect.

Very disconcerting when you convert an
application from 4.5 to 5.0, especially
when you have users in different time zones.

Another chance for me to ride one of my
hobby horses though - the modularise code one. I had to update code in 3 or 4 library functions and 95 percent of my problems
are fixed.

Regards
John

John C. Lennon