Re: JDBC for Oracle on AIX 4.2 ?

From: Kim Do-Hyung <dynaxis_at_ivory.kaist.ac.kr>
Date: 1997/12/31

In comp.lang.java.advocacy Margarita Smits <ikbhsmit_at_ikb.mavt.ethz.ch> wrote:
: Hi all,

: We would like to use Java with an Oracle Database on AIX (IBM RS6000)
: 4.2.

: To do this we need JDBC for AIX.
: Does anybody know where to get this ?

As far as I know, there're thin JDBC drivers for Oracle at http://www.oracle.com/nca/java_nca/jdbc/v7/html/download.html. It is used with SQL*Net and implemented in 100% Java. As a result, it runs well for any other platforms. For me, it works well [Quoted] on my RS/6000 AIX 4.2 machine except that I should call DriverManager.registerDriver() explicitly.

[Quoted] Hope this helps.

: I have looked around and talked both to Oracle and IBM, but no
: luck so far.

: kind regards
: Margarita