Re: forms 4.5 Enabled property /Bevel property

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/12/31

>Tracey Berukoff <tlberukoff_at_boco.co.gov>
> wrote

>2 questions. I have display only fields on my form. If I set the
>navigable property to false, the user can still go to them by clicking
>the mouse, which I don't want. If I set the enabled property to false,
>it works great but the text in the item is greyed out. Is there any way
>to use ENABLED = FALSE without greying out the text??
>
>Also, can I dynamically change the bevel property of an item at run
>time??

Hi

Question 1:

Create a pre-text-item trigger

   Begin
     RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;
   END; This will prevent navigation to the item.

Question 2:

You can't change the bevel at runtime. What you could do is create another item (probably a mirror item) item in the same  physical location and toggle the display properties of the two. (don't forget setting the displayed propertyto false also  sets the Enabled and Navigable item properties to False    sets Updateable to False
   sets the Update_NULL item property to False    sets the Required item property to False    sets the Queryable item property to False)

Regards
John

John C. Lennon
Utility Partners Inc.