Re: Creating an ASCII flat-file from SQL-query results

From: <jsmith_at_provide.net>
Date: 1997/12/30

Good ole' dos can help here too. I use the dos pl/sql - plus33.exe which is also in with the windows pl/sql on out setup - and create the query in a text file and pipe the output. Works great but only generates fixed column width w/no delimiters

An example from a dos window...

    plus33 -s loginname/password_at_server < inscript.sql > results.out

Give it a try. I hope it helps.

Regards
Jeff Smith

In article ,
  "Ken Friday" wrote:

> Rene,
>
> Take a look at the utl_file package supplied by Oracle. This provides file
> i/o functions similar to C (e.g. print, printf). Your DBA will have to
> identify the appropriate directories in the init.ora file before it
> will work.
>
> Otherwise (assuming you're in SQL*Plus) you can fool around with
> dbms_output or simple spooling.
>
> Ken F.

 RenĂ© Schutte wrote in article