Problem connecting with Developer/Designer to Oracle 8 on NT

From: Eric Bosten <bostene_at_tip.nl>
Date: 1997/12/28

Hello Everybody

I installed on my WinNT machine, Oracle 8 (Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.3.0.0). I can connect as SCOTT/TIGER with PL/SQL Release 8.0.3.0.0. This works fine! I'm working local, but I don't use Personal Oracle 8

Then I installed Designer 2.0 Beta, with this installation comes SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.2.0.2. When I try to connect as SCOTT/TIGER I get the following messages:
ERROR: ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

I've been doing some searching and I found 2 TNSNAMES.ORA files!
# TNSNAMES.ORA Configuration file: G:\ORANT\NET80\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle Net8 Assistant

# TNSNAMES.ORA Configuration file: G:\ORANT\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora
#This is a SQL*Net Configuration file generated by SQL*Net Easy Configuration.

I made sure both files are refering to the same machines.

Question:

Is it possible to connect with some of the Developers or Designer Tools with the Oracle 8 database? If yes, what is the solution?

Greetings Eric Bosten Received on Sun Dec 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message