Forms 4.5 bug OR My program's bug

From: <rajs_at_meghdoot.mastek.com>
Date: 1997/12/24

Hi Everybody,
[Quoted] Have I found a new bug in Forms 4.5 or does my application have a bug?

  1. My Form module is referencing a Master Form module which contains a generic code for KEY-DELREC and PRE-INSERT (at Block Level) and used through out our application by referencing it.

   But my present Forms module has the requirement which has forced me    to create a (local) KEY-DELREC and PRE-INSERT at form level.    I have changed the setting of Override Trigger Execution which    fires my local KEY-DELREC/PRE-INSERT and not the referenced ones.

  I raise the FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE exception in my local KEY-DELREC/PRE-INSERT triggers. I expect that the the record does not get deleted. But lo!! Behold, the referenced KEY-DELREC/PRE-INSERT also fire and perform the code and actually delete the record. What am I doing wrong and if I am, how do I work around it??? I want my local triggers to take over the operation of my referenced triggers for only this particular module. I would appreciate an early response. REgards Rajs