SQL Loader and sequences.

From: <ObrieS_at_treas.gov.ab.ca>
Date: 1997/12/23

I am trying to import data into 3 tables. I can load it, but I am having trouble linking the data together across the 3 tables. I've tried table insert triggers and the SEQUENCE function with sql loader unsuccessfully.

The data is in one file. It has a static format (ie: use position() to define columns). The logical records are arranged as follows: Record 1 (Summary Data); Record 2 (Related sales data) There can be 0 or more of type Record 2; Record 3 (Related purchases) There can be 0 or more of type Record 3; Each record type has a type_id column.

I want to load in the following manner:

[PSEUDO CODE ON]
INSERT INTO TABLE1
WHEN TYPE_ID = 1