Re: Statistical tools for Oracle?

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1997/12/23

Vincent Chang wrote:

> Karl,
> I am looking for functions can do standard deviation, mean,
> variance, etc. Also the result should be able to display on screen and
> save as file. Thanks.
>
> vincent
>
> Vincent Chang wrote:
>
> > Hi, Everybody
> > I am looking for statistical tool to use with Oracle server.
> > Some people told me that Developer 2000 comes with some statistical
> > functions, but some people said there is no such function in developer
> > 2000. Does anybody have this experience before? Is there anyone using
> > SAS or SPSS along with Oracle?
> >
> > vincent

Oracle has two built-in functions STDDEV and VARIANCE to calculte std.deviation and variance.

AMAR

AMARENDRA B NETTEM			5039 N E River Road, Apt. 1A
Oracle Certified DBA (OCP)		NORRIDGE, IL 60656
Whittman-Hart Inc.,
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3500
Chicago, IL 60606.

Ph.No. (708) 583 9870 (H)
       (312) 913 6758 (W)

 E-mail:nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu,
        anettem_at_whittman-hart.com

Homepage: http://www.iit.edu/~nettama

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Whittman-hart
Inc.