Exiting a form while in Enter-Query mode

From: Todd Owers <ToddO_at_gcr1.com>
Date: 1997/12/22

[Quoted] I have an application in which it is possible for the user to exit the form while it is in Enter-Query mode. This requires two calls to the EXIT_FORM built-in; one to return to Normal mode, and the second to actually exit. To accomplish this, I placed the following code in a form-level Key-Exit trigger:

IF :SYSTEM.MODE = 'ENTER-QUERY' THEN

     EXIT_FORM;
     EXIT_FORM;
ELSE
     EXIT_FORM;

END IF; This works okay, except that the first EXIT_FORM causes the FRM-40353: Query canceled message to be displayed in an alert box, which the user must dismiss before the second EXIT_FORM executes.

Is there a more elegant way to accomplish this, without requiring the user to dismiss the alert? I know I could use an On-Message trigger to suppress the FRM-40353 message, but I don't want to suppress it all the time - only prior to exiting the form.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Todd Owers
toddo_at_gcr1.com Received on Mon Dec 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message