Help needed, SVP, to connect Forms 4.5 to Personnal Oracle7

From: James Pearson <jpearson_at_total.net>
Date: 1997/12/21

I want to learn FORMS 4.5 so I installed it along Personnal Oracle7 for NT on my computer at home. The installation went fine, unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out how to define the connection between Forms 4.5 Designer and Personnal Oracle so that I can logon. When I try to connect I get the following message: ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to destination Is there default (pre-defined) User name, Password and Database that I can use when the «Connect» dialogue box comes up in Forms that I can use in order to connect to Personnal Oracle?
Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. The Help files have me going around in circules and the text books just say to ask the system administer what the proper User name, Password and Database are. Scott, Tiger works fine for the SQL logon. Received on Sun Dec 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message