Forms: logon built-in

From: Luis Cabral <cabral_at_merconet.com.br>
Date: 1997/12/20

Hi all,

My problem is the following:
1 - I create a form from scratch (with not within it) 2 - I create a form-level trigger on-logon with the code:

        null;
because I can override the forms default logon screen. 3 - I create a canvas and in it a button with a when-button-pressed that has the code (see, at this point I am not connected):

	declare
		x date;
	begin
		logon('scott','tiger',false);
		if form_failure then
			return;
		end if;
		select sysdate into x from dual;
	end;

4 - When I run the form and I press the button, it raises 'ORA-003114: Not connected to Oracle' at the line with the select - thats mean that the logon built-in do not set form_failure to true (the logon was successful (?)).

But, if I delete the on-logon trigger (forcing me to connect when I run the form) and, before the logon built-in in the when-button-pressed trigger, I put the logout built-in, it works properly.

I have to use this technique to make a customized logon screen. At production now I am connecting to scott/tiger (via the properties of the shortcut icon) and then changing to the user account, but I think it is not a good way.

Any help will be appreciated :)

--
Luis Cabral
cabral_at_merconet.com.br