Re: Reverse engineering on ORACLE

From: gvr <g_at_h>
Date: 1997/12/19

Ilidio Oliveira <ioliv_at_inesca.pt> wrote in article <67912b$nbl$1_at_news.ua.pt>...
> Hi,
>
> I must understand the business rules of an existing (and large) ORACLE
> 7.2.x database. This is, I’ve to do some reverse engineering in order to
> understand the database structure and application rules.
>
> It would be helpful to have a database analyzer (from Oracle?) that, by
> reading the database schema, forms, stored procedures,..., would
> generate some diagrammatic representation.
>
> Does Oracle Designer 2000 do it?
> What approach would you suggest?
>
> Advices welcome.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ilidio

What you need to do this kind of reverse engineering is Oracle Database Designer.
This is a kind of subset of functionality also available in Designer/2000, which you can also use. Received on Fri Dec 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message