Re: Oracle 7.3 Startup problem

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_santens.be>
Date: 1997/12/19

You can't add a rollback segment by just modifying the init-file. It there you only indicate which rollback segments should be put on line on startup.

Did you issue a 'create [public] rollback segment' ?

--
------------
Kind reGards

Keita <shk562_at_novell4.bham.ac.uk> schreef in artikel
<67bvf4$hfh$1_at_usenet.bham.ac.uk>...

> I am running Oracle 7.3 on windows NT. It was working fine until I added
> rollback segment entry in the initorcl.ora file. Since then, whenever I
try
> to start the database, I can get the following messages:
>
> 1 - MGR-03514 Unable to start the database
>
> 2 - LCC-00111: Message 111 not found: No message file for
product=RDBMS72,