HELP HELP HELP! Simple PL/SQL Problem !!!!?????

From: Markus <zm86_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1997/12/17

[Quoted] Can anyone HELP??

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am an experienced systems programmer but have never used Oracle or SQL before, and I am trying to teach myself PL/SQL.

[Quoted] I have written a simple multiple file update procedure, which took some doing, but it works. As this procedure will process some 500,000 records I [Quoted] want to display it's progress to the terminal (say every 1000 records), and [Quoted] control totals at the end of the run. Can anyone tell me how to display a [Quoted] message on the screen?? I do not seem to be able to find any type of display command!!

[Quoted] I am currently running the procedure using Enterprise Manager's SQL Worksheet Module.

Many thanks in advance, Received on Wed Dec 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message