Re: Disable keys in Forms 4.5?

From: <spmnot_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

> Is that possible to disable all built-in keys in Forms 4.5? e.g.
> we can press Ctrl-Q to cancel the query, I want to disable Ctrl-Q so
> that nothing happen when the user press Ctrl-Q. But I want to disable
> all built-in keys instead.

The triggers you need to look at are:
KEY-OTHERS - Affects all built-in keys not otherwise defined, and KEY-EXIT - This is the CONTROL-Q you asked about.

A word of warning: You need to use caution when writting a KEY-OTHERS trigger. As far as preventing your customer from exiting a query, you could use the KEY-EXIT with some PL/SQL. You don't want to simply disable KEY-EXIT, otherwise your customer won't be able to exit the form.  Something like this should work:

IF :System.Mode != 'ENTER-QUERY' THEN

   exit;
END IF;