Oracle and Access Integration

From: Lane W. Sharman <lane_at_san.rr.com>
Date: 1997/12/14

Hi,

[Quoted] I have been developing in Oracle for a couple of years and Access for a year and am really impressed with the potential for integrating Access as a front-end to Oracle for RAD. In spite of my strong belief that Java will win the day - that day is still a >long< ways off when it comes to UI building.

[Quoted] [Quoted] So. Here is my current technical glitch. It appears that MS Access chokes on an Oracle date field if the value is null. If this is a known bug, I'd sure like to know about it now because it tempers my enthusiasm somewhat and concerns me that maybe there are some other Access/ODBC issues relating to Oracle I need to consider.

Environment:

    Oracle 8.0.3
    ODBC Driver: Oracle
    NT 4.0

Thanks much in advance for any light on this subject.

--

Lane Sharman
hypocrite lecteur, mon semblable, mon frere.

Les Fleurs du mal
Fleurs du Java:
http://www.opendoors.com Received on Sun Dec 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message