Forms 4.5 and OLE (Word97)

From: Stefan Timphus <Stefan.Timphus_at_dat.tds.de>
Date: 1997/12/12

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a kind of document management for Word97-documents in Forms 4.5. Can anybody help with the following problems:

  • How can I copy items from one OLE-Container to another?
  • How can I save an object located in an OLE-container into a file on the filesystem?
  • How can I manipulate the object in the OLE-container from Forms (for example, I would like to create a button in Forms which prints the document)?
  • How can I work with DDE? I cannot open a conversation with the DDE.INITIATE command (I am working with Forms 4.5, DB 7.3.3, Word97, Windows NT 3.51)?

If you have any hints what I could try, please let me know. Stefan Timphus Received on Fri Dec 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message