Forms 3.0 in a 7.3.3 environment

From: Steve Miller <smiller_at_gers.com>
Date: 1997/12/10

[Quoted] Our current development environment is forms 3.0 running against 7.1.4 database. We want to move our development environment to forms 3.0 running against a 7.3.3 database (take advantage of PRO*C 2.2.3, PL/SQL 2.3, etc.).  We have access to all the old libraries from the "forms 3.0" database (7.1.4) and, because we're not OFA, we can pretty much do whatever we want to build files, link lines, etc. Is anyone currently running successfully in this configuration? We seem to be able to get everything to work except for the iadx (forms designer with user_exits). It will display the interface, but any attempt to load a form will lead to a "core dump." The iadx from the 7.1.4 database runs fine against the 7.3.3 instance, but this doesn't give us the opportunity to use PRO*C 2.2.3 in our user_exits, etc. Any ideas, musings, suggestions, guesses would be greatly appreciated - please feel free to respond to either the newsgroup or to my email address - smiller_at_gers.com. Thanks!!

Regards,

Steve Received on Wed Dec 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message