Re: Forms questions.. Help please

From: Tina Tran <tinat_at_sonica.com>
Date: 1997/12/10

(1) you already have a new record in the specified block, thus it will not allowed you to create a new one. check the :system.record_status first before issuing your statement.
(2) use key-exit to capture this condition. Within this trigger, test for :system.mode. If its value is ENTER-QUERY, then your screen is currently in query mode.
(3) don't use post-text-item trigger then! use when-validate-item trigger which will be fired when the user tries to leave the field. If you raise an exception within that trigger, the cursor will stay in the same field.

Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote in article <3489E9CF.655F_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>...