Re: Oracle ODBC and MS Access

From: lge <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/12/09

Try coding the pass-through as a PL/SQL block;

Begin
  MyProc;
End;

The above is what SQL*Plus does whenever you issue the "execute" command. By the way, do not put the "/" after the end like you normally would when trying to execute a PL/SQL block in SQL*Plus

I tested the solution above; but, I was using Access 97, not Access 95. I used Oracle's ODBC driver Oracle73 2.5 (2.05.0301) against the Scott schema in a 7.3.3 database to invoke a procedure that inserts a row into the DEPT table. No problem.

Hope this helps.

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net