Re: How to automate NT backup manager

From: Christian Krackowizer <kra1_at_technodat.co.at>
Date: 1997/12/09

In article <881445182.26775_at_dejanews.com>, fuocor_at_novachem.com says...

>In article <66a362$4cb$1_at_darla.visi.com>,
> dtang_at_minn.net wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> My company has an Oracle8 database running on NT 4.0 platform. There
>> is a handy GUI utility called NT Backup Manager which can be used to
>> do database backup. I want to run it through batch file without
>> human interference, so I can backup database at off-time.
>> How can I do that?
>>
>> Please email me at dtang_at_minn.net
>>
>> Thanks ahead
>>
>> Dong Tang
>
>NT has a utility called 'at' which will allow you to schedule batch jobs,
>there is also a gui version of 'at' but I dont know the name of it.
>
>Regards,
>Richard Fuoco

that's not the point. With 'AT' or 'WINAT' (in Resource Kit) you can schedule jobs. When you want to scheduled a GUI-Tool, you need a non-GUI tool, which takes the input from command-line.

As I'm not an oracle-admin, I cannot say if there's a command-line backup tool ...

regards Received on Tue Dec 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message