SQL*Net Easy Config problem under PO Lite

From: Les Klimczak <lklimcza_at_upenn.edu>
Date: 1997/12/08

     We are evaluating the trial version of Personal Oracle Lite under Windows 95 and connecting to other servers doesn't work (everything else does). Firstly, there is a problem with SQL*Net Easy Config - it cannot create TNSNAMES.ORA due to write errors (reported from the script cfgc23). They arise even the default examples are used (while modifying TNSNAMES.WRK) or after our server entry is entered (TEMPLATE.TMP). The installation is on an external drive (O:), but no other applications have any problems writing to it.

     Secondly, copying a functional TNSNAMES.ORA file doesn't work, either (it comes from another machine running PO7); not even after it's modified (PO Lite addresses seem to contain only one port per server). TNSPING reports that it cannot resolve the name.

     Has anyone been successful in getting this to work?

     Thanks

     Les

--

To limit spamming, the "reply to" address does not work. Please use
the signature address if replying directly by e-mail.

Dr. Les J. Klimczak | mailto:lklimcza_at_sas.upenn.edu Department of Biology | http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~lklimcza University of Pennsylvania | Tel.: (215) 898 3673 Philadelphia, PA 19104-6018 | FAX: (215) 898 8780