Oracle Financials/Concurrent Manager Question

From: Lee Carney <leec_at_kumaran.com>
Date: 1997/12/08

[Quoted] We are in the middle of a major application migration project and have run into a problem. I hope that someone here with Oracle Financials/Concurrent Manager experience can offer some assistance.

We are running version 7.4 of Oracle Financials. We want to upgrade to 10.7 Oracle Financials Smart Client. On the 7.4 version of Oracle Financials, it executes a number of PRO*C programs through the Concurrent Manager. These PRO*C programs execute on the server and produce a lot of output. We are upgrading all the older versions of the forms to Forms 4.5 and want to be able to run both character and GUI versions of the forms. With Smart Client, we want all PRO*C programs to be executed on the server, even when the client is running in GUI mode.

My question is: Will the new version of Smart Client/Concurrent Manager be able to run in GUI mode on a PC and execute the PRO*C submitted through Concurrent Manager to the server? Is there a way to execute the PRO*C without using user exits in version 10.7 of Oracle Financials?

In general, what are the Concurrent Manager differences between 7.X and 10.7?

The software versions are:
AOL - 5.0.8 version Release 9.4.0
SQL Forms 2.3.31.1.7
Oracle RDBMS 7.1.6.2.0

I would greatly appreciate any ideas that this newsgroup's readers have.

Thank you,

Lee Carney Received on Mon Dec 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message