Re: Help!!!!!!!!! GPF in Developer/2000(Forms 4.5)

From: Lando <MarkL_at_quebim.com>
Date: 1997/12/05

I have seen problem since the introduction of Forms version 4.0 and am still struggling with it today running Oracle's Applications using Forms 4.5x. I have seen 16 bit Forms GPF problems on Win 3.x, WinOS/2 v2.x, 3.0, Win 95 and Win NT 3.51, 4.0. A couple of things to look at that may help reduce the frequency of GPFs are:

  1. The amount of RAM installed on the client PC I would recommend at least 48M (32M if the client is running nothing else).
  2. The amount of free disk space on client machines and size of the swap file. Make sure there is at least 100MB free and set the swap file to at least 100M.
  3. Use NT v.4 or OS/2 v.3+ as the client OS.

I have also heard talk that applying service pack 3 to NT v.4 would help but that has not been my experience.

If any one else has any other ideas I am sure open to suggestions.

M.Landa