Re: forms 4.5 MESSAGE command malfunction

From: Edward Nunez <enunez_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/12/04

To my understanding, the message built-in with the ACKNOWLEDGE parameter means that in case Forms needs to show a new message it will ask you to acknowledge this one, otherwise it will just show it on the message line.

If you really want to show a modal window, use SHOW_ALERT. before SHOW_ALERT you might want to change the message text with:

SET_ALERT_PROPERTY(alert_name, ALERT_MESSAGE_TEXT, 'Cannot load'
                   ||justfile||', '||v_file_name||' already loaded!');
dummy := SHOW_ALERT(alert_name);

Hope this helps,

Tony Laaper wrote:

> message('Cannot load '||justfile||', '||v_file_name||' already
> loaded!',acknowledge);
>
> justfile and v_file_name are both variables.
>
> The message statement does not appear in a modal window.
>
> Does anybody know why?
>
> Tony

Edward Nunez
Senior Application Developer
Oracle H.R. Product Development    Phone: (650) 506-8621
Oracle Corp.                       Fax  : (650) 506-1289
500 Oracle Parkway MS 3OP322B      Email: enunez_at_us.oracle.com
Redwood Shores,CA 94065
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.