Re: Help with Open File Window

From: D. Kozlov <fox_at_reksoft.ru>
Date: 1997/12/03

Hello Tony,

The solution of your problem depends on the platform (Win, Unix etc.).

 If you use Forms for Windows (Win95, WinNT) you are lucky, because there is a PLL library named Filedlg.pll which is in the Forms45\Plsqllib directory and which provides procedures for launching File/Open and File/Save dialogs. You should only attach that library to your module and call one of the procedures.

 If you work under Solaris you are less lucky. There is not any default way to show these dialogs for Solaris. But I've solved the problem. I'd had to create a shared library with procedures which returned files and directories names to my Forms modules and a Forms block which realise all the algorithms of the File dialogs.
If you work under Solaris I can send
you the source files or the library and the Forms module with description.
It'll take me some time so if you need it please mail me.

Best regards
 Dmitry Kozlov