Re: Stored PL/SQL protection/encryption??

From: Edward Nunez <enunez_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

Samir,

In order to do this you will need to use the PL/SQL wrapper feature, which converts PL/SQL source code into an intermediate form of object code, this way you will not need to release your source to users, dba's, clients, business competitors, etc.

I'm not sure but I think this feature is new in PL/SQL 2.3, if you have this version, check on your PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference, specifically appendix D.

Hope this helps,

Samir Noman wrote:

> Hi everybody, I would like to know what do I need to protect my stored
> PL/SQL code from other users including DBAs. That is to ask if there is
> any way I can store only a compiled version of the code in the database?
>
> Thanks in advance NOTE: I would appreciate it if someone could also
> email me the answer to mailto:snoman_at_usa.net
>
> Samir Noman (snoman_at_usa.net)
>
> Thanks again.

Edward Nunez
Senior Application Developer
Oracle H.R. Product Development    Phone: (650) 506-8621
Oracle Corp.                       Fax  : (650) 506-1289
500 Oracle Parkway MS 3OP322B      Email: enunez_at_us.oracle.com
Redwood Shores,CA 94065
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.