Challenge: tables under V$LOG

From: <eric.giguere_at_m3isystems.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] How can I find which table(s) are reference by the view V_$LOG?

[Quoted] When I look in the catalog, I can see that V$LOG is a synonym for the view [Quoted] V_$LOG. When I look to the text of the view V_$LOG, I see a reference to [Quoted] the synonym V$LOG?!

What is the real table under that view?

[Quoted] I really need to know the table under that view because I want to [Quoted] implement a trigger that will notify (I don't want to poll) me on log [Quoted] switch. This way I will be able to ftp the corresponding archive log on my Stand-by server...

Thanks,

CATALOG select * from dba_synonyms where synonym_name='V$LOG';

OWNER SYNONYM_NAME TABLE_OWNER TABLE_NAME ------- ------------ ----------- ---------- PUBLIC V$LOG SYS V_$LOG select * from dba_views where view_name='V_$LOG'

OWNER VIEW_NAME TEXT_LENGTH
TEXT

SYS V_$LOG 115
select
GROUP#","THREAD#","SEQUENCE#","BYTES","MEMBERS","ARCHIVED","STATUS","FIR ST_CHANGE#","FIRST_TIME" from v$log