Problem in Get_Block_property(blk_id, ORDER_BY)

From: Quang Vu <vuq_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

[Quoted] [Quoted] I want to change the sort order programmatically by using built-in commands:
 GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(blk_id, ORDER_BY)
 SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(blk_id, ORDER_BY, ' customer_id');

When I run the program to the point that it executes the GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY command, I get the FRM error message: FRM-40738:Argument 2 to builtin GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY cannot be null.

I did try to replace ORDER_BY with any other constant parameter allowed such as DEFAULT_WHERE, FIRST_ITEM etc.. It works fine.

I can even compile the SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(blk_id, ORDER_BY, ' customer_id'). It gives me "too many declarations for SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY" error message. I did try this command with DEFAULT_WHERE and it works perfectly OK

My small test procedure look like this:

DECLARE
 order_by VARCHAR2(200);
 blk_id Block;

BEGIN
  blk_id := Find_Block('ORD');
  order_by := get_block_property( blk_id, ORDER_BY);   set_block_property(blk_id, ORDER_BY,' customer_id ');   GO_BLOCK('ORD');
  EXECUTE_QUERY;
END; Is there anything I have done wrong or it is a bug in developer/2000.

Thanks for your help in advanced

Quang Vu Received on Tue Dec 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message