Re: LOV in Forms 4.5

From: Alex Heney <a.j.heney_at_btNOinterSPAMnet.com>
Date: 1997/12/02

On 1 Dec 1997 22:22:56 GMT, sanjana_at_Ra.MsState.Edu (Sanjana P. Landry) wrote:

>I have created a LOV to display two items. I originally only displayed one item on the form and went back and added the second item. The second item is a character filed witha max length of 240. Whne I try to run the form, I get an error that says " FRM-40505 ORACLE Error. unable to perform the query" and it points to the second item. ( The first item worked fine before I added this item)
>I have the correct LOV selected and I've also looked at the column mapping to make sure it's the correct field. In the property sheet of the second item I have data type as char max length of 240 and query length of 240. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
>--

The most common reason for this message is that you have a field defined in the block as a base table item, when the field does not exist with that name in the table which the block is based on. Have you done this when you added the second item? (FORMS will default the Base_Table_Item property to 'TRUE' you just create an item).

--

Alex Heney,  Global Villager

Remove NO and SPAM from the above address if replying by email.