Forms45 debugger crashes with menus?

From: Phil Perucci <pperucci_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/11/30

Hi,

Has anyone seen any "funny" behavior of the Forms45 debugger when debugging procedures in menu modules? I have a PL/SQL procedure which works fine if 1) store it in the Forms module and 2) start it from a button. The debugger is happy, and I can set breakpoints anywhere I want. Works great!

BUT, when I replace the "DEFAULT" menu, with my own menu, and 1) place the PL/SQL procedure in the menu module and 2) start the procedure from a menu option, the PL/SQL interpreter crashes crashes!

I can run the form/menu fine without the debugger. Works great. But running the forms in "debug" mode causes the PL/SQL interpreter to crash.

Has anyone seen this, or, can anyone elaborate on any issues that arise when 1) PL/SQL procedures are stored in a menu module and 2) the PL/SQL procedures stored in the menu module are run from a menu option. I tried moving the PL/SQL program to a library, but the PL/SQL interpreter still crashed in debug mode. I did not see a way for a menu option to reference/run my procedure if I stored it in the form (and don't know if that would fix the problem anyway).

Puzzled... Received on Sun Nov 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message