Re: Designer/2000 screen/menu associations & generator?

From: Phil Perucci <pperucci_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/11/29

On 28 Nov 1997 18:54:20 GMT, tnasset_at_aol.com (TNasset) wrote:

>>Can the screen/menu associations be specified solely by
>>the Module Structure Diagrammer, or do I have to set
>>preferences "all over the place"?
>
>You create a menu structure using the Module Structure Diagrammer. You can
>then generate the menu. Keep in mind that a menu cannot be run by itself, it
>must be attached to a form (or forms). The generated menu is not automatically
>attached to any forms. Some people prefer to attach the menu only to a front
>end screen and not to all items within the menu structure. Within your form
>preferences, there is a place to specify what menu to attach to generated
>forms. The default preference is DEFAULT which is the forms default menu that
>contains items such as enter query, execute query, create record, clear record,
>save, etc... You can change this to specify the name of your custom menu.
>
>Hope this helps.
>Tracy

I have all of the above working now - but, with generated forms there is a "feel" of going deeper and deeper into the app. If, rather than DEFAULT, I specify a common menu for all forms, if I click on a menu option for a form, say 3 times, then I have to EXIT 3 times, to back-out.

Is there any setting to have the menus bring-up a form, closing the current one first, so I don't get so "deep" in the application? Received on Sat Nov 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message