Re: Reports 2.5 - I hate it.

From: Caryl Lee Fisher <cfisher.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/11/28

I share your pain, but alas you are out of luck. We have a paper on reports tips that you can download from our web site http://www.dulcian.com It has a few tips that might help you.

You are right that the product is not very intuitive. However, I promise that if you stay with it (or get some help) that you can do ANYTHING in the tool and you can do it as fast (if not faster than any other product).

Think of it as an adventure game. Once you learn where all the secret doors are, it is very easy to get around.

Dev2k 2.0 just went production. It should help you out quite a lot. It is still just as hard to do very complex reports, but using the product is much more friendly and simple reports are a breeze.

Check our web site in a few days. I will put up the Reports chapters that Peter Koletzke and I are writing for a Dev2K book.

Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

Jenny Farnham <farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu> wrote in article <65i8nu$c8f_at_peabody.colorado.edu>...