Forms 4.5 and PO Lite - Compatible?

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net>
Date: 1997/11/28

I have forms 4.5 16-bit installed on my home pc which I use to dial in to work. I recently downloaded the 60-day trial version of po lite both 16 and 32 bit and have installed the 32 bit version.

I created a simple table with 4 fields, Char, Varchar2, Date and Number and with sqlplus 3.3 inserted 2 records. I then fired up forms 4.5, connected thru odbc and created a base table block with the 4 fields.

When I run the form and blind query on the block, the two text items come back fine but the date and number field are all #'s. I've widened the 2 fields thinking that was the problem but they're still all # signs.

The versions I'm using:

	Forms 4.5.6.5.5
	Sql Plus 3.3.2.0.2
	Open Client Adapter 1.0.11.3.0
	PO Lite 2.4.3.1.1

I know that we are on 7.1.6 of the database at work and I "think" po lite is 7.3. Is this my problem? Anything else that might be causing the incompatibility? 32 bit po lite vs. 16-bit forms? I'm new to all this and am really having some problems figuring everything out. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Regards,
Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com

  • email addresses altered to foil spammers !! ***
  • Remove hatespam. from address before sending ***