Connecting OO4O and Pers Ora Win95

From: Gary Walker <gjwalker_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/26

I'm having difficulty connecting to Personal Oracle 7.3.3 for Win95 from OO4O 2.1 (Ora Obj For OLE). Both on the same PC.

[Quoted] The Vis C++ app using OO4O works fine with 'normal' Ora 7.3 via sql*net - but substituting the connect string with '2:' to do a local/two task connection to the Pers Ora db gives some 'NETCMN' error, and an empty connect string gives a 'TNS - connection lost error'.

I've assumed I can't set up a listener for Pers Ora W95.

Any ideas appreciated. Received on Wed Nov 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message