Oracle Enterprise Manager - Storing Scripts on Unix

From: Bob Murphy <NO.SPAM.bob.murphy_at_clorox.com>
Date: 1997/11/25

[Quoted] Trying to find out if anyone has a similar situation to us...

We have about 10 Oracle/Unix servers that we are administering with character-based tools and scripts. We have an established directory structure where we keep all of our DDL. Example: Tables would go in u01/home/oracle/ddl/(application code)/tables and so on...The four DBAs know the directory structure(s), so any one of them can pick up an application and at least know where things are.

We would like to use NT/Oracle Enterprise Manager, or at least SQL Worksheet, but still keep the Unix directories as our central storehouse of scripts. We'd like to do this without jumping thru too many hoops.

One way we've thought of is to use SAMBA to make the Unix drives appear on the network as an available drive. Then we could save directly to the Unix drives.

Is this recommended? Is there another way to do this? Any pitfalls anyone can see with this approach.

TIA,
-bob

                bob.murphy_at_clorox.com