connecting a Win 95 client to a Win NT 3.51 server

From: <lakshmanan_at_mail.com>
Date: 1997/11/25

Hi, I have a 7.2.2 database installed in my Win NT 3.51 server.At present there are existing Win 95 clients and they are all connected to the server (only runform sessions). The client OS is Win 95 Arabic enabled. When I was trying to connect a new machine to the server database, I got an error viz., TNS - 12545 : TNS name lookup failure. As a final step, I even tried to copy all init files from one working client to the new m/c, but in vain. Already there is a reference to the oracle.ini file (which is in the server) in the client's win.ini file. TCP/IP protocol is installed. Is there anything I missed. Before this, I got some other error as 'missing ctl3dv.dll' and I resolved it by copying from another client. Now, the runform is activated and the problem is while connecting. I have SQL Net 2.2.2....., Oracle NET bios adapter 2.2.2...., Oracle TCP/IP adapter 2.2.2....., SQL Net named pipes 1.1.8.1, SQL net TCP/IP 1.1.9.0A,......... Can somebody please tell me what I missed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please mention your e-mail add. for future commn. in this regard.