Re: WebServer 2.1 Eating Memory...

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/11/24

    make sure that you don't do something like endless recursive     procedure/func call inside of your OWS application (PL/SQL proc).     The indications then would be pretty much the same as you've described.

    Rashid.

In comp.databases.oracle.server hayden_at_mindspring.com wrote:
: NT4.0/WebServer 2.1 128RAM Dual Pentiums HP

: Using WebServer 2.1 every thing works fine for a while and then suddenly
: while calling a stored procedure (I call them constantly) the webserver
: just seems to hang and eventually the browser times out.

: I discovered that when this happens and I run the task manager to see
: what the proceses are doing I'll see the WWWLSNR.exe process just
: sitting there increasing in memory size by 100+ K every
: second or so. If I dont do anything at all it'll keep going and
: use up all of the machine memory. I havent a clue as to what its
: doing.

: Does anybody have any ideas about this or have you encountered the
: problem yourself?

: Any comments would be appreciated.

: Peter Worthington