Use of Temp Table and Two DB problem

From: Beginner <knng_at_hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/11/24

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted]     I am very new in Oracle, please forget my about some fundmental questions.

   1)I would like to create two database in Oracle 7, one is called Personnel and another is called Sales, but I cannot find any way to do this. When I create the other instance, the other will be stopped automatically or vice versa.

    I would like to know is there any way to create two separately instance in Oracle 7 and 8 as I will migrate to v.8 very soon.

[Quoted]   2)I would like to know can I create a temp table similar to temp table

[Quoted] in MS-SQL and Sybase, when the connection lost the table will be delete automatically. Or is there any substitution for it?

    It is because I my migrating my system from MS-SQL to Oracle 8 while

one of the vital function is utilising the temp table to notify the other
client program in network about existence of the program.

Thank you for your attention.

    Thank you for your attention

Kevin Received on Mon Nov 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message