Re: Access to Oracle Wizard ISO: Help

From: David A. Owens <daveo_at_criticaldata.com>
Date: 1997/11/24

--------------DF43E85E48B9E8BEA211F73C

InfoFix wrote:

> I am about to launch a project to do this conversion.
>
> My question is, can this wizard convert from Access 2.0 db to oracle
> 7.0? A further question, can VB 3 talk to oracle 7.0?
>
> Thanks,
> John (infofix_at_ix.netcom.com)

  The version of Access Wiz I have been using is 1.5.2. I just checked the help files and other docs and it does NOT say that it can't handle 2.0 dbs. I would try it for you, but the only version of Access I have handy is 7.0. If you have it, give it shot, it does not take long.

VB 3 uses ODBC to talk to Oracle, so if you have ODBC set-up then yes!

  • Dave
--------------DF43E85E48B9E8BEA211F73C

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Owens
n:              Owens;David
org:            http://www.criticaldata.com
adr:            122 Dutton Road;;;Pelham;NH;03076;USA
email;internet: daveo_at_criticaldata.com
title:          vice-president
tel;work:       (603) 635-8770
tel;fax:        (603) 635-8770
tel;home:       (603) 635-8553