Please help....Oracle graphics doubt

From: Srinivasan Vinod <vks7584_at_tntech.edu>
Date: 1997/11/24

Hello

I have a question on integrating oracle graphics with forms designer. My problem is that, I need to pass some parameters to oracle graphics from forms designer and accordingly change an existing chart in ogd form.

I am facing this problem and I do not know how to solve it.

I used the OG.open built in routine in forms to open an exixting display in oracle graphics which is expecting a parameter input. I get an error saying OG.open is a bad bind variable and not declared. I dont understand this because, I have added the OG.PLL library to my forms application and should be able to understand this routine. What is the problem here.

Also, I fail to understand the concept of passing parameters to oracle graphics. Thing is, in the oracle graphics I wrote a query with a parameter variable. To pass a parameter value to graphics from forms, I created a parameter list in forms and added a value to that list. How will graphics understand that the value I am trying to pass is the value its parameter is expecting. If I am not clear here, let me state my requirement.

Like I need to take the user input for a course number and for that course number, I need to draw a pie chart in graphics showing the grade distribution for that course. How shoud I do this.

Please advice. My email is vks7584_at_tntech.edu

thanks in advance

vinod Received on Mon Nov 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message