Re: system tables

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/11/24

Run your web browser over to http://www.revealnet.com somewhere there is a diagram of the user tables and dba tables.

Billy Verreynne (vslabs_at_onwe.co.za) wrote:
: Casey Claiborne <mskc_at_io.com> wrote in article
: <Pine.BSI.3.96.971122071656.5251B-100000_at_bermuda.io.com>...
: > I was wondering if there was a type of entity-relationship
: > diagram for Oracle system tables - some thing that would show the system
: > tables in an Oracle database and how they are related to each other
: > (graphically). I remember that SYBASE had something like this - I
: > would assume that Oracle does as well.
: > Any help, hints or advice would be *greatly* appreciated :)

: Yeah, we all wish for that. :-) I've never seen any diagram like that from
: Oracle. The closest thing to it I've seen is a poster from Platinum that
: describes all the DBA_* tables.

: It seems that the only solution is to RTFM the Oracle Server manual. ;-)

: regards,
: Billy

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you