dbms space

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/11/23

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------msE651424AEC2EA7AEEEC31E5B

I been talking about it for a couple of weeks. It is used to calculate how much space is REALLY being used not just allocated, without going through the analyze ordeal. In the docs it is stated that the information gotten from it is NOT available anywhere else.

I create a front-end for the dbms_space.unused_space procedure, it lives on my web page under the oracle scripts link. It will dump info to the screen if set serveroutput on size is turned on, and it puts some info into a table. I think it is a decent starting point to build your own stuff on it, if nothing else, you can see how the procedure gets called.

Yes it is the source code for it, use it as you please, steal it and make money from it, I don't care(I come from the old school of unix, where 99.99% of anything in unix is free).

have a good oracle day.

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator, mailto:jtesta_at_scioto.net
(home)

--------------msE651424AEC2EA7AEEEC31E5B