Oracle OCI and C++

From: Ryan Kogelheide <rkogelhe_at_islandnet.com>
Date: 1997/11/23

Hello there all you gurus.

Where do the cDb and cSql classes come from? What product?

I've got to update this program that uses the Oracle 7.1 OCI and Visual C++. The program uses some C++ classes, namely ones called cDb and cSql. I can't find reference to them anywhere and am beginning to think they're custom classes created by the previous programmer. I installed C++ 4.2 and the Oracle 7.3 OCI, but it seems that the OCI has been updated. The C++ classes seem to point to the old OCI structs. The new struct is similar, but different enough that I'd have to recode the classes.

I've got the feeling that I'm missing something very basic about how the OCI works. Received on Sun Nov 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message