Re: Need to determine OS from a Forms 4.5 App

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/11/22

>Does anyone know a method to tell whether an end user is connected from
>a Windows/95 vs. Windows/NT desktop in Forms 4.5 (Dev2k 1.3.2)?
>
>Using get_application_property (user_interface) returns "MSWINDOWS32",
>but not whether it is NT or 95.

The v$session table returns some other information, but I don't know if it differentiates between WIN95 and WINNT. One thing you might be able to do is use the environment variables (or registry via windows calls) and check there, perhaps looking at the value of winhome or something like that.

Dan Received on Sat Nov 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message