Oracle Forms or RAD?

From: Robin Poole <robin.poole_at_onyx.net>
Date: 1997/11/19

Hi,

I am looking at buying a suite of ORACLE tools to replace an existing Access/Visual Basic system. As it is we will be buying the oracle as the DBMS server, so the only question is what do we use as a front end.

As I see it we have a few general options,

  • Developer/2000 and oracle forms.
  • A non-DB specific RAD Tool such as VB or Delphi
  • Power Objects or something similar
  • Deploying on an intranet using HTML/Java, JDBC(?)

Can anyone give me any good sources on where I can find comparisons between these solutions, or recommend some readers on the subject. I'm kinda new to large scale DBMS's so forgive the witterings of a newbie. Please E-mail me if possible.

Thanks in advance,
  Robin Poole
  Senior Software Engineer
  Onyx Internet Ltd Received on Wed Nov 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message