WebServer 2.1 Eating Memory...

From: <hayden_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/11/18

NT4.0/WebServer 2.1 128RAM Dual Pentiums HP

Using WebServer 2.1 every thing works fine for a while and then suddenly while calling a stored procedure (I call them constantly) the webserver just seems to hang and eventually the browser times out.

I discovered that when this happens and I run the task manager to see what the proceses are doing I'll see the WWWLSNR.exe process just sitting there increasing in memory size by 100+ K every second or so. If I dont do anything at all it'll keep going and use up all of the machine memory. I havent a clue as to what its doing.

Does anybody have any ideas about this or have you encountered the problem yourself?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Peter Worthington Received on Tue Nov 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message