Oracle programming on DEC

From: George Nachman <spamme_at_biteme.student.umd.edu>
Date: 1997/11/18

I'm trying to compile a program for Oracle 7.3. It was originally written to run on a Solaris box, but I need to make it work on an Alpha running OSF/1 4.0. The current problem is that it's complaining about unresolved symbols. I tried linking with every single .a file in my oracle/product/7.3.2/lib directory, and it still complains about missing symbols. The test case I'm using is a program which just calls oerhms(). nm tells me that libclntsh.so has this symbol in it, so I think this might be it; I don't know how to link in such an object file however (hopefully it's just a command line parameter to ld??). The original version of the program linked in libclntsh as an archive (.a) file, which leads me to believe that on other platforms or setups it's not available only as a shared object. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
George Received on Tue Nov 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message