Re: D2K forms and relationships

From: s <sparmanand.removeit_at_msn.com>
Date: 1997/11/18

In Oracle you can achieve the same thing in different ways:

1. Use Parameters to pass the data from one form to another.
2. Use Global variables (not always recomended because of high overhead).
3. Commit the data in form A and re-query in form B.
4. Instead of using two forms use one form with multiple windows and
canvases.

The method you use would depend on the requirements and complexity of the problem.
To me it appears that you could use parameters.

Good luck
Santosh

--
sparmanand.removeit_at_msn.com
Drop the words removeit from the e-m address

Sanjana P. Landry <sanjana_at_Ra.MsState.Edu> wrote in article
<64t1kb$se9$1_at_NNTP.MsState.Edu>...

> I am new to forms so please bear with me. I have two forms (A<B) each
with one block each. In form A, I have created abutton taht calls form B.
> I want to be able to display the information in Form B once its called
taht realtes to Form A. For example, If Form A is customer, I bring up the appropriate customer in Form A and then click the buttom that brings up Form B. I want Form B (example orders) to bring up the deatil information related to the customer in Form A. I thought I could do it in a relationship or master-detail, but I've only been able to do that with two blocks within the same form. How do I do it whne it involves two forms? A