Forms 4.5 Disabled field problem

From: Mark Parssey <markpa_at_delm.tas.gov.au>
Date: 1997/11/18

[Quoted] My problem is that I am displaying an combo box list item when enter query [Quoted] mode nut it is not enabled.

What i have is a key item in my table for which I want to display the text [Quoted] normally, but when you enter query mode I want to be able to select from all possible values.

The key field is not updatable.

What I did was have two fields, the first is the key item built as a list item combo box & the second is a simple text item.

In normal mode the text item is displayed. It is populated by an POST_CHANGE of the first item. This is fine.

But when you enter query mode I want to no longer display the text item, but instead display the list item. This works to the extent that the combo [Quoted] box is displayed but it is not enabled I can't get it to work as a drop down.

I have used code similiar to below

set_item_property(list item,DISPLAYED,PROPERTY_TRUE);
set_item_property(list item,ENABLED,PROPERTY_TRUE);
set_item_property(text item,ENABLED,PROPERTY_FALSE);
set_item_property(text item,DISPLAYED,PROPERTY_FALSE);

The two items have the same locations on the screen. Also the design properties of the list item never were disabled.

When I execute the query i use the POST_QUERY to to the reverse and that is [Quoted] fine also.

I thought this was a nice solution, but I am now in despair. Received on Tue Nov 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message